- Accredited as a testing laboratory for aflatoxins in feed according to ISO/IEC 17025.
- Accredited as a testing laboratory for radioactivity/radiation testing according
to ISO/IEC 17025.
- Osaka Saito laboratory established at Ibaraki city in Osaka prefecture.
- Accredited as a testing laboratory for Health Promotion Act with the authorization of the MHLW.
Chitose laboratory are certified with GLP (Medical devices, Pesticides, and New chemical products) & GMP (Drugs, and Medical devices) regulations.Certified according to ISO/IEC 17025 (General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories).
- Chitose laboratory established at Chitose city in Hokkaido prefecture.
- Certified according to ISO9001.
Accredited as a testing laboratory for Water Supply Law with the authorization of the MHLW.
- JFRL homepage opened.
- A Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) for heavy metal analysis developed.
- Tama laboratory No.2 constructed.
- A Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) for fundamental nutrition analysis developed.
- Accredited by the U.S. Food Safety Inspection Service (FSIS) to inspect Japanese export beef for residual antibiotics and pesticides.
- Kyushu branch established at Fukuoka city in Fukuoka prefecture.
Tama laboratory established at Tama city in Tokyo.
- Publication named JFRL-News started.
- Nagoya branch established at Nagoya city in Aichi prefecture.
- Clastogenicity and cytotoxicity test started.
- Accredited as a testing laboratory for Pharmaceutical Affairs Act with the authorization of MHLW.
- Energy Dispersive X-ray Fluorescence Spectrometer introduced.
- Computer-controlled GC introduced.
- Mutagenicity test (Ames test) started.
- High-performance liquid chromatography introduced for the analysis of food additives.
- Approved as a testing laboratory for Feed Safety Act with the authorization of the MAFF.
Approved as a testing laboratory for Measurement Act with the authorization of the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry.
Standardization test of containers-packages, toys and composition for detergents started.
GC-MS introduced for the analysis of trace organic elements.
- Accredited as a testing laboratory for Food Sanitation Act with the authorization of the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (MHLW).
Cooperate in editing of Standard tables of food composition 4th in Japan.
- Osaka branch established at Osaka city.
- Tokyo head office building was constructed at Shibuya Ward in Tokyo.
Atomic absorption-photometer introduced for the analysis of heavy metals.
- The name is changed to Japan Food Research Laboratories.
- Analysis of pesticides by gas chromatography and antibiotics started.
- Approved as a certifier for JAS (Japanese Agricultural Standard) certification with the authorization of the MAFF.
Hygienic testing detecting heavy metals and microorganism started.
- Nutritional analysis of food and feed stuff started.
- Japan Oil and Vitamin Inspection Institute established as a foundation, with the authorization of the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries(MAFF).
Analysis of vitamin A in fishy oil started.