history titleabout us title

2000s
2013
Accredited as a testing laboratory for aflatoxins in feed according to ISO/IEC 17025.
2012
Accredited as a testing laboratory for radioactivity/radiation testing according
to ISO/IEC 17025.
2007
Saito laboratory established at Ibaraki city in Osaka prefecture.
2006
Accredited as a testing laboratory for Health Promotion Act with the authorization of the MHLW.
Chitose laboratory are certified with GLP (Medical devices, Pesticides, and New chemical products) & GMP (Drugs, and Medical devices) regulations.Certified according to ISO/IEC 17025 (General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories).
2002
Chitose laboratory established at Chitose city in Hokkaido prefecture.
2000
Certified according to ISO9001.
Accredited as a testing laboratory for Water Supply Law with the authorization of the MHLW.
1999
1990s
JFRL homepage opened.
1998
A Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) for heavy metal analysis developed.
1996
Tama laboratory No.2 constructed.
1993
A Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) for fundamental nutrition analysis developed.
1989
Accredited by the U.S. Food Safety Inspection Service (FSIS) to inspect Japanese export beef for residual antibiotics and pesticides.
1988
Kyushu branch established at Fukuoka city in Fukuoka prefecture.
Tama laboratory established at Tama city in Tokyo.
1987
Publication named JFRL-News started.
1984
Nagoya branch established at Nagoya city in Aichi prefecture.
1983
Clastogenicity and cytotoxicity test started.
1982
Accredited as a testing laboratory for Pharmaceutical Affairs Act with the authorization of MHLW.
1981
Energy Dispersive X-ray Fluorescence Spectrometer introduced.
1980
Computer-controlled GC introduced.
1979
Mutagenicity test (Ames test) started.
1978
High-performance liquid chromatography introduced for the analysis of food additives.
1976
Approved as a testing laboratory for Feed Safety Act with the authorization of the MAFF.
Approved as a testing laboratory for Measurement Act with the authorization of the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry.
Standardization test of containers-packages, toys and composition for detergents started.
GC-MS introduced for the analysis of trace organic elements.
1975
Accredited as a testing laboratory for Food Sanitation Act with the authorization of the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (MHLW).
Cooperate in editing of Standard tables of food composition 4th in Japan.
1974
Osaka branch established at Osaka city.
1972
Tokyo head office building was constructed at Shibuya Ward in Tokyo.
Atomic absorption-photometer introduced for the analysis of heavy metals.
1969
The name is changed to Japan Food Research Laboratories.
1968
Analysis of pesticides by gas chromatography and antibiotics started.
1964
Approved as a certifier for JAS (Japanese Agricultural Standard) certification with the authorization of the MAFF.
Hygienic testing detecting heavy metals and microorganism started.
1959
Nutritional analysis of food and feed stuff started.
1957
Japan Oil and Vitamin Inspection Institute established as a foundation, with the authorization of the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries(MAFF).
Analysis of vitamin A in fishy oil started.